Join the international team of the Culture of Participation Conference in Warsaw! Deadline extended until Thursday 20 October!
Culture of Participation
Working Conference & the Book
Call for volunteers
Culture of Participation is a practical platform for artists, architects, cultural managers, educators, social and human rights activists, and local government leaders who use their talents, passion and experience to create conditions for a positive change. The idea of the Conference emerged after 12 years of Transkaukazja (www.transkaukazja.eu), the only international program and festival inspired by the unique cultural space of contemporary Caucasus. Drawing on the unique experience accumulated during Transkaukazja, we seek to show how local bottom-up initiatives with little resources can make a positive change in an innovative manner in most “unexpected places” on Earth (more information here).
The Conference will take place 17-19 November at the Multicultural Center in Warsaw. Working languages are English and Russian.
What we offer
- an opportunity to work in an unique international project with participants from at least 15 countries;
- learn from inspiring change-makers from all around the world;
- gain experience in organizing international events;
- contribute to the development of a real grass-root result-oriented project;
- flexible working hours before the Conference.
Please note that we do not provide financial remuneration. Volunteers will have to cover their own expenses such as travel costs.
What will volunteers do
- help prepare the Conference, including the construction of Do-It-Yourself Bazaar;
- provide necessary logistical support;
- act as translators during the work of the groups;
- translate various materials from/to English, Russian, and Polish;
- document the Conference using photo and video;
- promote the event on social media.
Who can apply
Anyone with communicative English can apply. Knowledge of Russian is a strong asset.
How to apply
Interested? Please apply by filling out this form.
The deadline to apply is 23:59 on 20 October 2016!
Selected candidates will be invited to a coordination meeting at 18:00 on Friday, 21 October at the Other Space Foundation (Fundacja Inna Przestrzeń), ul. Nowy Świat 23/25 lok. 32, Warsaw.
Follow us on Facebook to stay updated!