Thank you for submitting your application for particioation in the Conference. We appreciate your interest. Application process in now closed.
Culture of Participation is a practical platform for artists, architects, cultural managers, educators, social and human rights activists, and local government leaders who use their talents, passion and experience to create conditions for a positive change. The idea of the Conference emerged after 12 years of Transkaukazja, the only international program and festival inspired by the unique cultural space of contemporary Caucasus. Drawing on the unique experience accumulated during Transkaukazja, we seek to show how local bottom-up initiatives with little resources can make a positive change in an innovative manner in most “unexpected places” on Earth (more information here).
The Conference will take place 17-19 November at the Multicultural Center in Warsaw. Working languages are English and Russian.
- to gain unique experience of working together will experts from most diverse cultural and professional backgrounds towards an interdisciplinary ready-to-implement project that can make a real change;
- to learn new skills and gain knowledge, including participatory planning, as well as share your knowledge and vision with others;
- to promote your institution/activity/project and increased its international visibility;
- to find new partners for future projects;
- to contribute to the unique art book “Everyday Utopias”.
- working knowledge of English and/or Russian (translators will facilitate the Conference);
- If you are selected you should be present during the conference during whole its program.
There is no fee for participation but participants will need to cover their travel and accommodation costs. If selected we can provide you with a letter of invitation.
How to apply
Please apply by filling out this FORM.
In your application you will need to specify:
- which of the working group you would like to join (or propose your own!);
- how would you like to contribute to the Do-It-Yourself Bazaar and the Book.
The deadline to apply is 23:59 on 8th November 2016! Selected candidates will be notified by 10th November.
Keep up with us on Facebook to stay updated!
The project is co-funded by the Warsaw City Hall, "Support for Democracy" Program of Solidarity Fund PL financed within the framework of the Polish Development Cooperation Program of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland, and “Region in Transition” Program (RITA).